The Epagomenal Days started right after Lughnasadh again this year, on August 2nd, with Wesir (Osiris). I gave offerings to each “birthday” god on their day, and took an omen from them by tarot card, using my Egyptian Tarot deck by Lo Scarabeo. Here were their messages for us:
- Wesir (Osiris) gave me The Chariot: go forward, fighting your obstacles, and you will be victorious!
- Heru-Wer (Horus the Elder) gave me the 5 of Wands: work together, let constructive conflict and competition raise you to greater heights!
- Set gave me the Knight of Swords: take courage, and rage against the darkness of isfet!
- Aset (Isis) gave me The Hermit: be prudent, take your time, and use the wisdom you have gained.
- Nebthet (Nepthys) gave me the Ace of Pentacles: we are winning! We will have the success and glory we crave.
All in all those were pretty uplifting omens!
On Wep Ronpet (Aug 7) I did my execration, using red paper this year instead of smashing a terracotta pot, removing the negativity of the old year and preparing for the new! I drew a/p/e/p on the paper, added some words about other things I wished to execrate, and then cut it up, and burned it. It was very satisfying!
Afterwards I took a magical cleansing bath, with a scented bathbomb, the perfume oils I bought for Bast and Sekhmet, and some natron salts. While I soaked, I meditated, talking to my Patronesses about the coming year. I’ll be renewing my oath as an Oracular Priestess-Initiate, bound to honor them weekly and to serve my community through oracular work and heka during the Bright Moon. This year I’m also going to work out a more set holiday calendar, finding appropriate holidays that I can celebrate spaced out throughout the year, instead of just Wep Ronpet and the Sailing Holiday, which are both very close to other holidays in my personal calendar.
My shrine item this year for Wep Ronpet is the travel shrine box – I’m finally painting it, and I’ll dedicate it and renew my shrine set up and welcome my Patronesses home on the next Bright Moon, which is also when I’ll be formally renewing my oath. Look for that post after August 26th!
1 thought on “Wep Ronpet 2018”